- 1 cup quinoa 
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Betty's butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp lemon zest, grated
- ½ tbsp dried leaf thyme
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a strainer and remove any debris.
- Place in a large non-stick saucepan and toast, until it darkens slightly.
- Add broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until tender.
- In another skillet, heat butter; add onion and garlic and cook tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, lemon zest, thyme parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving: 2 starch/bread exchanges; Calories: 155; cho: 3 mg; car: 4g; sod: 74 mg; fat: 3g;
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.