- 6½ tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups quinoa
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed from cob
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ to 2 jalapenos, finely diced (depending on strength) and seeded
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- In large bowl, beat oil and vinegar for 10 seconds.
- Add garlic, mint, mustard and pepper, mixing well.
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve and place a large saucepan with peas, corn and 2 quarts of water.
- Boil for 10 to 15 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Add salt.
- Remove from heat, strain and set aside to cool.
- Add jalapenos, two thirds of the cilantro and half the tomatoes to dressing; toss with quinoa.
- Garnish with remaining tomatoes and cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.