Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6½ cups
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup quinoa seed
- ⅓ cup chopped veggie bacon
- 1 tbsp margarine or vegetable oil
- ½ cup celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Wash the wild rice in a wire strainer and run cold water over it.
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook the wild rice in 4 cups of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low hear for about 1 hour, until all the water has been absorbed.
- During the last 15 minutes, add quinoa and, if the rice is almost dry, 1 additional cup of boiling water.
- While the rice is cooking, fry the bacon in a pan.
- When crisp, remove and drain.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet and add the celery, onion and mushrooms; sauté for about 5 minutes.
- In a casserole, combine the vegetables and bacon with the rice and quinoa mixture.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes or bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 121 | Fat 2g | Carbs 21g | Fiber 2g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.