- 1 rabbit (deboned and sliced)
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (or raw peanuts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ - 1 chile or hot pepper
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 can bean sprouts
- ½ cup cooking oil
- Debone the rabbit. This can be done easily by slicing the meat into thin strips while rabbit is partially frozen.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat ½ cup oil until very hot.
- Add the chili pepper.
- Stir fry the onion and bean sprouts until tender.
- Remove from oil, draining as much as possible and being careful to leave pepper in the oil.
- Repeat this process with the rabbit, cooking it until it takes on color.
- Remove the rabbit and discard the pepper entirely.
- Fry the nuts in the same oil.
- Drain off any excess oil and return the rabbit, onion, beans sprouts with the nuts to the skillet or wok.
- Mix the cornstarch with the soy sauce.
- Pour over rabbit mixture.
- Stir and cook until sauce is transparent and heated thoroughly.
- Serve hot with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.