In Romanian: Iepure cu smantana
- 6 pieces (portions) of rabbit meat
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 – 3 juniper berries
- ½ chopped onion
- Lightly fry the rabbit pieces in a pan with oil, add ½ cup water, chopped onion and juniper berries.
- Cover and simmer for ½ hour.
- If the liquid is too much reduced, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water.
- Mix the sour cream with flour and pour over the meat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, butter and salt.
- Cover and simmer at very low heat for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm polenta.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.