Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds boneless beef stew meat
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2½ cups beef broth or water
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 4 large carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Brown meat on all sides in buttered dutch oven.
- Add garlic, onion, broth, salt, pepper and dill.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour until meat is almost tender.
- Add carrots; cover and continue cooking 25 minutes.
- Blend a little water into flour to make a thin paste.
- Add meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Blend in sour cream and heat but do not boil.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.