Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Makes: 4 Cups (8 Servings)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten, or ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 1½ quart baking dish with non-stick pan spray.
- In a prepared dish, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Set the filled dish in a shallow pan on the middle oven rack.
- Pour hot water into the outer pan to a depth of 1 inch around the baking dish.
- This makes a water bath to cook the pudding slowly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove the dish from the water bath.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (½ cup):
- Calories: 126 | Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 54 mg | Sodium: 114 mg | Carbohydrate: 24 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 5 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1½ carbohydrate
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.