Makes 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1½ pounds peeled, deveined raw large shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- salt and ground red pepper to taste
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to lightly brown evenly.
- Add garlic, oregano, salt, red pepper and vermouth. Lower heat to simmer and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until Shrimp are tender.
- Add lemon juice and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Serve over fluffy rice.