- Tomatoes-finely chopped 1/2 Kg
- Tamarind-(15 g)
- Salt-To taste
- Ahmed Rasam Masala-3-4 tablespoons (25 g)
- For Tempering:
- Roasted Red Chillies-whole 12-15 Nos.
- Roasted cumin Seeds-whole 1 tablespoon
- garlic skinned cloves-1 medium pod
- Onions-finely chopped 1 medium size
- Mustard-whole 1 tablespoon
- curry Leaves-A few
- black pepper powder-1 tea spoon
- Oil-50 ml
- For Garnish:
- Green Chillies-finely chopped 5-6 Nos.
- Coriander Leaves-finely chopped A few
- Boil tomatoes and tamarind at low flame in 1-11/2 litre tap water till tender.
- Thoroughly blend in blender and sieve through muslin cloth to remove seeds and skin.
- Re-heat filtered pulp add Ahmed Rasam masala and cook on medium flame for 10–15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Coarsly crush tempering ingredients fry in hot oil for few minutes, and pour over the surface of soup.
- Garnish with green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Delicious Rasam Soup is ready. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.