how to make rasgoola
- Bring the milk to a boil and add vinegar to the boiling milk to separate the whey.
- Throw away the liquid part by sifting the stuff onto a muslin cloth.
- Pour some cold water over the curd to cool and wash it.
- Discard the water and hang the cloth for 15–20 minutes to let the excess water drip off.
- Put the curd in a food processor or blender and blend at high speed to get a smooth consistency.
- You may add just a little (1 tsp or so) water while blending, if the curd is too dry and will not blend.
- Be very careful so as not to add any extra water. Remove the paste and make small balls (1-2" in diameter).
- Boil water in a wide vessel. Make sure that there is at least 2-3" of water in the vessel.
- If not, add more water and increase the quantity of Sugar proportionately.
- Add Sugar to the boiling water to make a light syrup.
- Continue boiling the syrup and gently drop the curd balls in the boiling syrup.
- Cook the balls in the boiling syrup for 30–40 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the stuff cool down.
- Put the balls and the syrup in a storage container and refrigerate (don't freeze). Serve cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.