- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup apple juice, concentrated
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup almonds, chopped
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Melt butter; let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 9" round cake pans; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks in large bowl.
- Blend in apple juice concentrate, butter, and extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add to egg yolk mixture, beating until well-blended.
- Stir in chopped almonds.
- Beat egg whites with cream or tartar at high speed in small bowl of electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold into batter; spread evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes, until cake is golden brown around edges.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Turn cakes onto racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream at high speed in small bowl of electric mixer until soft.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.