This stone-cold recipe has fruity secrets: raspberry and butter. A major breakfast alternative, this fruit-based butter is great for breakfast or dessert and keeps a reddish taste with the liqueur, fruit, real fruit juice, and sugar.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons water, lukewarm only
- 1 tablespoon sugar, brown or white only
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon blackberry liqueur
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice, cold only
- Boil raspberries, water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until syrupy, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Strain through sieve to remove seeds and cool.
- Process with remaining ingredients until smooth and well mixed. Cover and chill.
- Bring to room temperature and stir before serving. Use on bread, pancakes, or other desserts. Reserve the fruit-based butter in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.