Yield: serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups mashed and strained raspberries or strawberries, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar, more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (available in the spice section of supermarkets)
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup cream, more or less, for serving
- In medium saucepan, combine berries and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Stir and heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Adjust sweetness by adding sugar, if necessary.
- In cup, add arrowroot to water, and mix to smooth paste.
- Stirring constantly, add arrowroot to berry mixture, and cook until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, pour into individual dessert bowls. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with a pitcher of cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.