Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- Combine the first three ingredients, press into bottom and 1½ inches up sides of a greased 9 inch spring form pan.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor.
- Press through a sieve, discard seeds.
- Add water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in raspberry juice, bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add egg whites, beat on low just until blended.
- Stir in cream.
- Pour half into crust.
- Top with ¾ cup raspberry sauce (cover and refrigerate remaining sauce).
- Carefully spoon remaining filling over sauce.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes or until center is nearly set.
- Remove from oven, immediately run a knife around pan to loosen crust.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour then refrigerate overnight.
- Add orange juice to chilled raspberry sauce, gently fold in raspberries.
- Spoon over cheesecake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.