Makes 8 servings.
- 2 cups ricotta or creamed cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1 10-ounce package frozen red raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Beat together Cheese, half and half, eggs, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir in rice.
- Pour into buttered 10-inch pie plate*.
- Bake at 325 degrees 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Combine sour cream with remaining 2 tablespoons Sugar and vanilla;
- Spread over custard. Bake 5 minutes longer. Let cool.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
- Melt jelly in saucepan. Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Stir into jelly and cook, stirring frequently, until clear and thickened.
- Add Berries, stirring gently.
- Cook over low heat until Berries are thawed.
- Cover and chill. Serve sauce over wedges of pudding.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.