This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 almond macaroons
- ¾ cup sherry wine
- 6 egg yolks beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- whipped cream
- blanched almonds
- Dip macaroons in wine and place in a flat serving dish.
- Beat eggs 5 minutes in electric mixer then add sugar and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Add sherry and salt then place in double boiler and cook until it thickens stirring constantly.
- Pour this mixture over the macaroons and allow to cool.
- Just before serving cover with fruit.
- Garnish with whipped cream and blanched almonds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.