Ravishing Rhubarb Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce or plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 cups uncooked rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, salt, Sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, soda and cinnamon. Add applesauce, rhubarb and nuts; stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool; dust with powdered sugar. Yields 20 servings.
- Per serving
- 130 calories
- 2.8 g fat (0.3 g saturated fat, 19 percent calories from fat)
- 32mg cholesterol
- 78mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.