Cook time: 70 seconds
A quick tasty dessert created in the microwave. It can come out a bit dry but that's all the more reason to top it with ice cream.
CAUTION: a large mug or a bowl must be used because the volume of risen cake may overtop an average 12-ounce coffee mug.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce square of unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- one quarter (¼) teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Very slowly and carefully soften butter and chocolate together by microwaving for a few seconds at a time. Heating too quickly will cause chocolate to burn. Chocolate does not need to reach a completely liquid state.
- Add dry ingredients and mix using a fork or wire whisk until a crumbly consistency is achieved.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix well. Batter will start off thin and grow thicker and more viscous as sugar dissolves.
- Microwave on maximum setting for 70 seconds in a 1100-watt microwave.
- Serve and enjoy.