Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 - multiply ingredients and increase pan size for extra people.
I ordered a Spanish Omlette at a beach restaurant on the Southern coast of Spain. It beats any Spanish omlette I've ever had.
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tomato, diced, with juices
- ¼ teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 °F
- Melt butter in heated cast iron skillet if you have one; otherwise, use your usual egg pan.
- Combine red bell pepper and onion in pan; cook until soft but still crunchy.
- Add tomato to pan. Stir; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Gently break eggs into pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pan in oven. Bake until whites of eggs are set.
- Remove and serve in pan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.