Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 14½- to 16-ounce can kidney or pinto beans
- 1 x 16-ounce can peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Measure rice into mixing bowl.
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Drain tomatoes and chop (save juice for another use).
- Add drained beans, tomatoes, cheese and onion to rice.
- Combine salad dressing, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add to rice mixture. Toss; salt to taste.
- Cover and chill 2 or more hours. Bring to room temperature to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.