- 2 large red peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- ½ cup wine (white or blush - not red)
- ¼ tbsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced (½ tsp dried)
- ¼ to ½ cup evaporated skimmed milk
- Place peppers, wine, salt and just enough water to cover in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- While the peppers simmer, saute shallots in a little olive oil PAM.
- Place peppers in a food processor or blender, reserving the liquid, and puree.
- Pour puree in with the shallots and add evaporated skimmed milk and basil.
- Gently heat through (if too thick, add some reserved liquid) and then either toss with pasta or let cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- This can be re-heated in the microwave or over medium-low heat on the stove.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of parsley or a few basil leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.