This Recipe Came From an Estate Sale from The Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- 6 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 large Tart apple
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Put cabbage into a bowl of cold water for 5 Minutes.
- Heat butter in a deep casserole in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in onion and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Core apple and cut into 8 sections without peeling
- Add apple and cabbage to casserole dish then add vinegar, caraway, honey and pepper and stir well.
- Cover and microwave 7 minutes stirring twice during cooking time.
contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.