This red-hot side dish is made with real potatoes and enriched with butter, salt, and pepper to fresh perfection. With heavenly, savory aroma, every chunk is pure potato fun!
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes, washed and peeled
- 6 tbsp. butter, reserving 3 tablespoons for seasoning
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 tsp. black pepper, to taste, reserving 3 teaspoons if desired
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- red pepper flakes, optional
- In a heavy skillet, over moderate heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter with the olive oil.
- When the foaming decreases, add the potatoes.
- Turning frequently, cook until tender and golden brown. Slice the cooked potatoes into quarters with a kitchen knife.
- Transfer the cooked, sliced potatoes to a large bowl then season with the remaining butter, salt, and a little pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Garnish with the red pepper flakes and/or the remaining black pepper, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.