This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup amaretto
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- In small bowl stir together crushed cookies and chopped almonds.
- Add butter and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into bottom of a greased spring form pan.
- In large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch.
- Beat until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well each time.
- Add yolk and beat again.
- Stir in whipping cream, amaretto and almond extract then mix well.
- Pour mixture into the crust and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 200 and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and run knife around inside edge of pan.
- Turn oven off then return cake to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and chill for 3 hours or more.
- Puree thawed berries in blender then strain through fine sieve over wide bowl.
- Heat puree with sugar until mixed.
- Remove from heat and add liqueur.
- To serve pool ¼ cup of sauce on each plate.
- Place serving of cheesecake on sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.