Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- Source: Mrs. Samuel W. Popejoy
- 6 strips bacon
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato paste (8 oz)
- 1½ to 2 cans water
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 2 to 3 Tbsp sugar
- dash pepper
- 2 cups raw long-grain rice
- 8 Tbsp bacon grease
- Fry bacon; Remove from pan.
- Sauté onions in grease.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt, sugar and pepper. Cook uncovered, slowly about 10 minutes or until mixture measures 2 cups
- Then add it to rice in top section of steamer.
- Add the ½ cup remaining grease.
- Steam for ½ hour, then add crumbled bacon and stir with fork.
- Cook 30 to 45 minutes more.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.