Beans, Refried Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 10
- 1 (15½ ounce) can refried beans
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 package (1¼ ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10-count) package tostada shells, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced ripe (optional)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- Taco sauce for accompaniment
- Combine beans, onion and seasoning mix in medium saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread ¼ cup bean mixture over each shell.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, olives, avocado, and taco sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.