- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 3 Red Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- Combine the filling ingredients, except the tapioca, with 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer about 12 minutes. Stir in the tapioca and let cool. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using 6 sheets of phyllo for each strudel, spread each sheet with butter, sprinkle with nuts and stack.
- Spoon half the filling along the long edge of each stack. Fold the edges over to enclose the filling and roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with butter. With a sharp knife cut four slits in each strudel. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing. serves 12
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.