- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 pint whipping cream, whipped or whipped topping of choice
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Spread evenly in bottom of a greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Combine rhubarb, 1/4 cup cold water, Sugar and salt; simmer until rhubarb is tender, stirring occaisionally.
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Add hot rhubarb.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Chill until partially set, then fold in whipped cream.
- Turn onto base and chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- Serves 9.
- Keep up the good work.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.