- 450 g (1 lb) rhubarb
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 50 g (2 oz) Barbados Sugar
- 2.5 ml (0.5 tsp) ground ginger
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) fresh orange juice
- 250 ml (0.5 pint) natural yogurt, to serve
- Trim the rhubarb and cut the stalks into short lengths.
- Put in a greased 900 ml (1.5 pint) ovenproof dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Sugar and ground ginger together and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Spoon the orange juice over the crumbs.
- Bake in the oven at: 170C Preheated (Gas Oven Mark 3 Preheated) for 35– 45 minutes or until the fruit is soft and the topping browned.
- Rhubarb Brown Betty is equally good served hot or cold, with natural yogurt. Any leftover will also reheat well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.