Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1½ cups sliced rhubarb
- sugar and cinnamon
- Cream shortening and sugar well and add the egg.
- Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with sour milk.
- Add vanilla and rhubarb last.
- Bake in a 9 by 13-inch pan, for 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top after baking while cake is hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.