Makes 8 servings (125 ml each).
- 750 ml rhubarb, cut in 5 cm pieces or 1 package (600 g) frozen, thawed
- 25 ml water
- 175 ml sugar
- 5 ml vanilla
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1 egg white
- Puree rhubarb with water.
- Add sugar and cook until rhubarb is tender (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and food coloring.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into rhubarb mixture.
- Pour into 2.5 l baking dish (23 cm square).
- Freeze until firm around edges (about 1 h).
- Turn into chilled bowl; beat until smooth.
- Freeze partially (about 1 h more); beat again.
- Freeze until firm (about 2 h more).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.