Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Pork roast Edit
Rice stuffing Edit
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups cooked rice (cooked in equal amounts of apple juice and water)
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup seedless golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Place meat in shallow roasting pan, rib bones up.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tips of bones in foil to prevent excess browning.
- Insert meat thermometer so ball reaches center of thickest part but does not rest in fat or on bone.
- Do not add water or cover.
- Roast on lowest oven rack at 325 °F for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook celery and onion in butter until tender in large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in rice, apples, pecans, raisins, salt and poultry seasoning.
- Fill center of roast with stuffing.
- Bake remaining stuffing, if any, in covered baking dish.
- Cover stuffing with foil and roast 1½ to 2 hours longer, until meat thermometer registers 170 °F.
- To serve, remove foil and strings (if any); cover bone ends with paper frills.
- Let meat stand about 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.