Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 28-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- grated Parmesan cheese or shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional )
- Cook Onion, green pepper and celery in butter in large skillet. Push vegetables to one side. Add rice and cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut Eggplant in half and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-inch shell. Cut pulp into small pieces and add to rice mixture. Stir in tomatoes, salt, basil, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Spoon into Eggplant shells. Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour. Serve with Cheese, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.