Makes 8 servings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk, scalded
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- strawberry Topping:
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 2-ounce package whipped topping mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine eggs, milk, rice, Sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into greased 2-quart baking pan or individual custard cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 40 to 50 minutes, or until a silver knife inserted into the center of the custard comes out clean.
- Chill. Serve topped with strawberry topping and whole or halved strawberries.
- Topping: combine marshmallows and lime juice; heat slowly, stirring frequently, until marshmallows are melted.
- Chill just until mixture begins to thicken. Wash, drain, and slice strawberries. Reserve a few for garnish.
- Sprinkle Berries with Sugar; allow to stand about 15 minutes. Crush Berries.
- Combine whipped topping mix with milk. Whip until topping stands in stiff peaks.
- Fold in strawberries and marshmallow mixture. Chill.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.