Makes 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Blend in flour, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add milk; cook, stirring, until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Spoon rice into greased shallow 2-quart baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over rice.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.