Makes 12 servings
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 envelopes (1 tablespoon each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Blend preserves and brandy; set aside.
- Combine rice, Sugar, butter, salt and 2-1/2 cups milk in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Blend eggs, vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup milk; stir into rice mixture.
- Cook 4 minutes longer.
- Soften gelatin in 1/3 cup cold water. Stir into hot pudding until dissolved.
- Add apricot and brandy mixture; cool. Fold cream into pudding.
- Pour into 10-inch fluted tube pan; chill until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Slice to serve.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.