- Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed
- 8 whole cloves
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped chutney
- Cook onion in butter in large saucepan until soft but not brown.
- Add rice, raisins, salt, orange peel, cardamom, cumin, cloves, broth and chutney.
- Heat to boiling, stir once, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Divide dressing in half and freeze one-half for a later meal.
- Serve with broiled pork chops, pork roast, or baked ham.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.