Karen's note: I've typed this exactly as it reads in the booklet, so I would guess that there's an error in the recipe's nutritional information. That sounds like quite a lot of fiber per serving. :-)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup snipped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise — ("light" mayonnaise)
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp ground white or red pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat garlic with oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; discard garlic.
- Cook broccoli, zucchini, and mushrooms in oil until almost tender crisp.
- Add tomatoes and parsley; cook one minute longer.
- Remove vegetables; set aside.
- Place mayonnaise in same skillet; stir in milk, cheese and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth.
- Add rice; toss to coat.
- Stir in reserved vegetables; heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 255 calories | 7.5g protein | 9.5g fat | 35.4g carbohydrate | 35.4g dietary fiber | 607mg sodium | 11mg cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.