This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta minced
- 2 medium white onions finely chopped
- 1 small red cabbage cut in half and julienned
- 2 large peeled potatoes diced small
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste dissolved in 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 quarts boiling hot chicken broth
- 1½ cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on moderate heat and sauté pancetta and onions for eight minutes.
- Add cabbage and stir for five minutes.
- Add tomato paste dissolved in wine.
- Add all the boiling hot broth.
- Adjust heat to low and simmer covered for one hour.
- Stir in rice and cook covered for fifteen minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into tureen and bring to table.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.