Makes 8 servings.
- rice Tart:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons apricot fruit spread, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur
- orange-peel rose for garnish
- Cook rice, milk, lemon zest and vanilla bean in medium saucepan over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, until thick and creamy; stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; discard vanilla bean and cool.
- Press pie crust into bottom and sides of 9- to 9-1/2-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake at 450 degrees 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Spread 2 tablespoons fruit spread on pie crust. Fill with rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Beat egg white with electric mixer in small bowl until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Beat butter and Sugar in medium bowl until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolks and rice mixture.
- Fold in beaten egg white.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1/3 cup fruit spread and liqueur in small saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Pour through sieve into small bowl; spread on rice tart.
- Garnish tart with orange-peel rose.
- Remove bottom and serve.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.