Makes 6 servings
- ⅔ cup crisp crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Fry bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove from pan.
- Drain well on absorbent paper; crumble into small pieces.
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pan.
- Add onion and celery; cook until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice, , thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat soup and 1 cup cheese in saucepan until cheese has melted.
- Add sauce and bacon to rice mixture.
- Turn into buttered 1-quart casserole; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.