Makes 6 servings
- ⅔ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 6 canned pear halves
- curry powder (optional)
- ¼ cup mint or currant jelly
- Cook celery and onion in butter in large skillet over medium heat until soft but not brown.
- Stir in rice, curry, salt and wine; heat thoroughly.
- Turn into greased baking dish. Top with pears, cut sides up. Sprinkle pears with additional curry powder, if desired.
- Spoon jelly into pear centers. Broil.
- When jelly melts, spread over pears and continue cooking until pears are glazed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.