- 3 cups of rice
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup of Onion cut into small cubes or grated
- 6 cups of water
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 3 teaspoons of powdered curry
- Put the water to boil.
- Add curry and half the oil.
- Stir until the curry dissolves.
- Add the rice and stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- When all the water has evaporated add the carrots, Onion and salt to taste and cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer on very low heat.
- Wait 15 minutes and uncover, stir, add the remaining oil and cover again.
- Wait another 5 minutes.
- Try the rice, it should be firm but tender inside.
- If necessary, cover and leave another 5 minutes on very low heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.