- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ tbsp oregano
- 1½ cup minute brown rice
- Sauté onions and garlic in a small amount of liquid (the original recipe called for oil, but I just used a little water) until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, water, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes. That's it! enjoy!! :)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.