- 2 cups (16 ounces) rice
- 2 2/3 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup minced onions
- ½ cup chopped dried figs
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Reserve 1/3 cup broth for use in Step 3. Prepare rice using 2 1/3 cups broth and 1 tablespoon butter. Follow cooking directions on the rice package.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Sauté onions, figs, and almonds for 2–3 minutes until nuts are golden.
- Add remaining 1/3-cup broth; heat through.
- Toss fig mixture into cooked rice.
- Figs, Whole Dried by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.