- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 120 ml / 4 fl.oz vegetable oil
- 225 g / 8 oz rice
- 300 ml / 10 fl.oz water (approx)
- 12 pitted olives, halved
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the in a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, mix well to coat the rice with oil.
- Add the water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the then add to the rice, mix well and cook for a further 8–10 minutes or until the rice is tender, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To serve – season with freshly ground black pepper and serve at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.