Amish turnip casserole
- 1½ cup turnip, grated
- 1½ cup potato, grated
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup low fat yogurt
- ½ cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup sunflower, olive, or safflower oil
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients, except the bread crumbs, in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased shallow casserole (23 cm or 9 inches). Then scatter the bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 °F (190 °C). Serve immediately.
- Fry the bread crumbs in a small amount of oil, before scattering them over the top of the dish
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.