This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds pearl onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ pound mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound freshly cooked rigatoni
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook onions in boiling water for two minutes then drain and cool.
- When cool peel and remove roots.
- In a medium skillet heat the butter and cook onions over high until lightly browned then lower the heat,cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes longer then add vinegar and sherry and cook over high heat until almost all of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the stock and bring to a boil then add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with rigatoni and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.