Makes 6 servings.
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 x 14½- to 16-ounce can tomatoes
- 1½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 x 18-ounce package frozen Italian vegetables
- 4½ cups hot cooked rice
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook onion and garlic in butter over medium-high heat in 3-quart saucepan until tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper sauce. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables; cook over medium-high heat 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.