- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped leeks or onions
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, dry vermouth, or dry sherry
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 10-oz. pkg. frozen small green peas (rinse away any ice crystals)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more to pass at the table
- 2 tsp. good quality balsamic vinegar, plus more to taste (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium-high. When it begins to foam, add leeks and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in rice and coat grains with oil. Add wine and cook over high heat, stirring, until it evaporates, about 1 minute. Add broth and salt.
Lock lid in place. Over high heat bring to high pressure. Lower heat to maintain high pressure and cook 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Remove lid, tilting it away from you to allow any excess steam to escape.
Boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until rice is tender but still chewy, and risotto becomes creamy and thick, 5 to 6 minutes. During the final minute, stir in the Peas and Parmesan. Add balsamic vinegar, if desired, to bring up flavors. Let sit 5 minutes to absorb excess liquid.